Benefit Advent Calender ~ Week 1 Reviews...

By Lucy Harbron - 20:56


I was the absolute luckiest to receive the coveted Benefit advent calender (thanks mum and dad!) And as there are only 12 doors to open, i'm opening one every other day so I thought I would give you a little review of each little gift in case you were thinking about treating yourself to some new make-up either as a Christmas present for yourself, or after the holiday when you're suddenly rolling in Christmas money!

Ooh La Lift ~ under eye brightener 

This was the first product in the calender and it started off on a good note. Firstly, the product is so soothing and refreshing on my sad tired morning eyes, and although on its own I didn't notice a massive brightening effect, but layered under my concealer it seemed to really lighten up my under-eye and reduce those dark circles. 

However, as the week drew on (and my dark circles became darker and bigger) the dewy/shimmery cream only seemed to accentuate my tiredness and make the appearance of my dark circles worse as the shimmer drew attention to them. But this may just have been because no amount of brightening cream could hide my tiredness. 

So although at first the cream was super refreshing and did appear to work, I don't think it's worth the £17.50 retail price, my £5 concealer did just as good of a job.

Total Moisture ~ facial cream

I've been wanting to try this moisturiser for a while as the packaging is so so cute and I've heard really good things about it. Yet, on my first day trying it I was instantly put off by the scent which is almost lemony, also I think the thick texture is slightly too dense for everyday use on my skin. However, I used the cream on the evening two days ago on a troubled dry area on my face and it was instantly so moisturised and refreshed! So I think for me, the thick cream is perfect on specific areas but possibly not my whole face.

I don't think I would pay £29.50 for this product as the scent put me off (and made me think that it probably contains a lot of unnatural ingredients, whereas I prefer slightly more neutral/natural products) and it's slightly too dense for my oily skin. But if you have dry skin and are in need of a super luxurious thick moisturiser, definitely try this one out!

Highbeam ~ highlighter

I was so so so happy to find this behind the third door as I've been eyeing this highlight up for absolutely ages and I've been desperate to try a liquid highlighter. And oh my it hasn't disappointed!

Firstly, it's the most beautiful shimmery silvery/pink shade which I think really compliments my uber pale skin. And the creamy liquid allows you to blend it in really well so the highlighter can be as subtle or dramatic as you want it to be. Also the shimmer is delicate enough that you can use it on all the high points of your face- brow bone, nose, cupid bow etc- without ending up looking like a glitterball! So soooo beautiful!

Think I might be a liquid highlighter convert!

What are your fave Benefit products? And let me know your liquid/cream highlighter recommendations!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I Enjoyed reading your opinions! I'm recieving some benefit products for Christmas and I can't wait to try out High Beam. :)

    Fran - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know what you think of it! have an amazing christmas xx

      Delete

Talk to me...