Fashion & Film ~ Annie Hall...

By Lucy Harbron - 21:17


Annie Hall is a great great film and a great great character to reference. Queen Alexa Chung pretty much summed the character up when she said-

"Although Hall may be one of the most neurotic characters to grace a screen, her clothes suggest a laid back elegance..."

I think that's the most perfect description. Not only has Annie Hall become one of my favourite films and favourite characters, but Hall is becoming one of my favourite style reference. 

I love how Annie's outfits look so cleverly put together to still manage to seem effortless, each piece being so simple but merged in a way that makes the outfit interesting. I love the dark colours matches with neutral tones and a bare face. I love how bold her outfits are yet she still remains soft and approachable. Everything is perfectly balanced, perfectly tailored and I love it!

I think Annie's style is much more suited to winter when you wont bake in a boyfriends coat, but for now I'll be working her femininely masculine vibes into my wardrobe as I stock up on cigarette trousers, white shirts, simple t-shirts and structured tailored pieces. Then as the weather gets colder I have no doubt I'll be channelling Annie Hall a lot as I dig out my beloved coat collection. 

Annie Hall makes me want to invest in a pant suit and start wearing my glasses more. There's just something so charming about such a soft feminine character dressed in tomboyish silhouettes. It's so strange to find a character dressed in clothes that seem to barely reflect their personality, but I think that's why I love it.

Greatest scene! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yo, I remember watching this for the first time and just being like DAMN THAT LADY'S GOT STYLE. You've totally summed it up here. I'm pretty gosh darned excited to see your outfits in upcoming months with this inspo!!

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...